Hershey Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies (Peanut Blossoms)--I got this recipe from my mom's old recipe card collection. I am sure that originally, it was invented by Hershey, right?
1 ½ cup flour
½ tsp salt
¾ cup peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup shortening
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Granulated sugar for coating
Kisses for topping
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Combine flour, soda, and salt in dry bowl
3. Cream shortening and peanut butter; gradually add sugars and beat with electric mixer until fluffy; add egg, milk, and vanilla—blend well.
4. Gradually add dry mix to creamed mix and blend thoroughly
5. Shape dough into balls and roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 375 for 10-12 min until cooked and lightly brown
7. Remove from oven and immediately press kisses in center of each cookie; cool until kisses set