Monday, February 07, 2011

Mushroom Farfalle

I can't remember where I found this recipe but I am SO glad that I did. I changed it a bit but every time I make it it turns our beautifully. I especially like how it will taste slightly different every time depending on the mushrooms you choose to use. I swear this recipe is like going out for pasta at a restaurant...mmm...soooo yummy!



Recipe:

Cooked Farfalle pasta (enough for whoever wants to eat, I like to make mine fresh)
1 Tbsp butter (or margarine, I change it depending on how salty I am feeling, unsalted is my favorite)
12 oz of FRESH mushrooms not canned--this is crucial to get the right texture (here is where you go crazy! Sometimes I just use chestnut, sometimes I will take 2-3 of 4 different kinds, like tonight where I used oyster, large flat, shitake, and chestnut)
1/2 cup chopped onion (I like white for this recipe, but if you like sweet red then go for it)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup white wine
2/3 cup whipping cream (I have used single cream here too)
1/2 cup parmigiana cheese
2 Tbsp fresh parsley (optional)

1. cook everything but the white wine, cream, cheese, and parsley in a skillet on med-high heat for 12 minutes
2. add white wine and simmer for 2 minutes
3. take off the heat and stir in cream and cheese
4. toss with cooked pasta
5. garnish with parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment